GIF is a one-year Danish high school integration program for refugees and immigrants who have a Danish residence permit. With a GIF certificate you will gain access to most higher education courses on an equal footing with Danes who have the Danish General Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate (STX and HF).
To be admitted to the GIF package you must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 12 years of schooling in your native country corresponding to the Danish General Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate (STX and HF).
- Have a good standard of written and spoken Danish
- Have passed tests in Danish D-level or higher with a grade of 4 or higher in each of the tests. Applicants may also be considered if they have passed Danish 3. module 5 with grades of 7/7/7 in accordance with the latest grading scale.
- Have had at least four years of English schooling corresponding to Danish tenth grade.
- Have passed an exam that corresponds to at least B-level if you wish to be admitted to Mat-GIF.
If you qualify for admittance to GIF you will be invited to an interview with a student counsellor.
You must bring with you to the interview your residence permit and your original exam certificates from your native country and from Denmark.